- I had a very bad case of adhesive capsulitis. The pain was unbearable. Dr. G got me in for surgery very fast and I am 100% after just 4 weeks. THe procedure he used and the treatment after worked better than my best hopes. I wouldn't go anywhere else for shoulder issues. Thanks Doc!! JimBy - James Boyle17-Sep-2020 01:47 PM
- Dr. G did a great job repairing my broken clavicle. He was able to get me in for surgery right away after my accident. His team continuously checked up on me between appointments to make sure everything was going well, and the recovery was as smooth as can be. Highly recommend!By - Anthony Decarlo16-Sep-2020 01:29 AM
- On January 22, 2019 I fell on the ice at my home and shattered my left shoulder. I was taken to a local hospital and a orthopedic surgeon repaired my arm or though I thought. He sent me back to work and I could hardly use my arm. My fellow workers told me I needed and second opinion. This is where Dr. Grant Garrigues came in the picture. After making an appointment and seeing him it took him one minute to tell me what was wrong. I have the deepest respect for him and his staff. He was kind and understanding of my injury. I feel like I had won the lottery by having him do my surgery. The anesthesiologist were the best. I get very sick from anesthesia and I told them this and I woke up from my surgery and was not sick at all. I and so thankful that I have use of my left arm and look forward to a great future.By - LINDA J ALLEN15-Sep-2020 11:23 PM
- Dr.G is one of the best! We are huge fans of Midwest Orthopedics, but we had not met Dr G until this last March. When I tore my right bicep we had to be seen quickly since it’s a time sensitive surgery. Dr G not only accommodated us, but he made sure we knew we were in the gifted hands we’d grown accustomed to over the years with MOR. Post op he spent ample time explaining the surgery and post op expectations to my wife. She’s a nurse and she was very impressed with his bedside manner. He’s amazing and we are happy he is another presence at Midwest Ortho that we can count on. Thank you, Dr G!By - Mike Rummell02-Sep-2020 11:35 PM
- Dr. Garrigues saw me in early July with shoulder pain and partial mobility of my left arm. The symptoms were the same as my right arm 3 years ago and I was afraid I would need rotator cuff surgery as I had with another doctor a 3 years ago. Dr. Geragos was very thorough in the examination with an X-ray and MRI. After reviewing everything he felt I did not need surgery and with an injection and some therapy I would be just fine. He was spot on with his diagnosis. It is now the beginning of September and after 6 weeks of therapy everything is working fine. He is very good at what he does.By - Craig Campeglia02-Sep-2020 06:19 PM
- Dr G. Is a miracle worker! I had surgery at the end of February to repair my torn rotator cuff muscle, which I snapped in half at the gym. I was very nervous about having surgery and the whole healing process. I hear horror stories of people being laid up for 8-10 months. I am a very active person with work, which I am a painter and also very active in the gym also being a bodybuilder. So after I tore my shoulder, I was very concerned about th process. So after Dr G. Worked his magic on my shoulder, with a new procedure he had come up with, I noticed after about a month I noticed I was healing faster than expected. I did therapy twice a week, which with every session I got more range of motion and started to get more and more strength back. When I back to see him after 3 months for a follow up he was shocked to see how much progress I had made in the three months post op. And after 6 months when he cleared me for good i was back to the gym doing what I love to do. The strength I had in my shoulder was unbelievable! I couldn’t believe it. As for work I was back to work after 3 and a half months. Now i don’t have a desk job. Being a painter, my job requires me to use both arms, rolling ceilings and walls, raising my arm up cut walls in. That puts a lot of stress on the shoulders. But to my surprise, I was able to do all those things with ease. SO all I can say that Dr G. Is someone who I’m very thankful for. He is a master of shoulder repairs. I would recommend him to anyone who has torn theirs! I can’t say enough good things about him. It has now been almost 7 months and my shoulder has no limits and no discomfort. I’m blessed to have someone like Dr. G work on my shoulder. There are many doctors out there that say their the best, but Dr G. Is in a class of his own! He stands above the rest! He is such a down to earth Dr who goes above and beyond for you! So I strongly suggest if you are someone who is searching for a doctor to perform surgery on your shoulder, stop searching and call Dr. G now! I promise you it will be the best decision you ever made for picking out a Doctor! Thanks and God Bless everyone!By - James Johnson28-Aug-2020 03:19 AM
- I had a severely torn labrum and suffered for many years. Now, just a little over 5 months after having surgery with Dr. Garrigues, I am pain free. To be honest, the first three days after surgery were tough, but after that the pain was minimal. I highly recommend Dr. Garrigues. He is very professional, takes the time to answer any and all questions, and explains things in simple terms.By - Stuart Buchanan26-Aug-2020 02:53 PM
- My experience with Dr.G, and his staff, couldn't have been more positive. The surgery and follow- up was always thorough as to what I should expect. My recovery went so well,I really can't complain about anything. Thank you Dr.GBy - Jan M. Lisowski18-Aug-2020 04:23 PM
- Dr Garrigues is a real professional and his PA Elle is a great addition. I had shoulder surgery in February of this year and was pain free after four days. The therapy and icing procedures have provided me with full range of motion without any pain. He has been very professional, competent, and always left me feeling completely satisfied with him answering my questions.By - Norbert Kaiser03-Aug-2020 05:01 PM
- Dr. Garrigues has a way of putting you at ease from the very start. He is genuinely interested in listening to your point of view and is able to explain all the medical information in a way that is very easy to understand. I was also impressed with the follow-up that Dr. Garrigues initiated with my physical therapist. He truly believes in providing care that extends beyond his time with you in the exam room. I am confident that my shoulder will recover due to his precise diagnosis and treatment plan. Overall, my experience with Dr. Garrigues and his office staff was simply wonderful.By - Maureen B10-Jul-2020 06:28 PM
- After sustaining an anterior labral tear from a traumatic shoulder injury, I knew that Dr. Garrigues was going to be the right surgeon for the job. Not only is he a renowned doctor in the world of shoulder surgery, but he also possesses interpersonal skills that truly make each patient feel they are being heard. From my initial consultation through my final post-op visit, Dr. Garrigues and his team were timely, friendly, and responsive to all questions. His secretary, Melissa, was very quick to schedule my surgery and ensure I had a post-op visit scheduled even before entering the OR. His PA, Elle, was amazing and kept in close contact during my recovery process to ensure things were going smoothly. I now possess full range of motion of my shoulder, have returned to full activity, and feel truly unlimited. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Garrigues and his team to anyone with a shoulder problem.By - Danielle Morency09-Jul-2020 09:51 PM
- Dr Garrigues is not only a kind, personable human being, he performed an amazing job on repairing my 16yr hockey player son's shoulder labrum to get him back to full mobility. From our very first visit, to the last, he is patient while communicating with you, and you will never feel rushed to leave, until he ensures you are satisfied and have no further questions. Based on our personal experience as a concerned father, who wanted the best for my son, Dr Garrigues comes highly recommended by me.By - Gabriel Bustos06-Jun-2020 08:08 AM
- Highly skilled, caring and professional doctor. I went in with pain and nerve pain and two tears in my shoulder. Dr Garrigues listened and came up with a plan. The surgery went well and the recovery restored my range of motion and took away the pain.. I emailed if i had a concern and it was always returned right away. In the follow ups they take a lot of time and make sure you understand and have your questions answered. I really felt comfortable and that i was cared about. I highly recommend Dr GarriguesBy - Lisa Hahn03-Jun-2020 11:03 PM
- Before surgery, my appointments with Dr. Garrigues made me feel very confident and relaxed with my choice of surgeon. Dr. Garrigues never made me feel rushed; he took all the time needed to explain my condition and options. All of my questions were answered in a way that I could completely understand. My surgery was flawless. I would like to offer an additional comment on the people I met who assist Dr. Garrigues. Administrative assistant Melissa Robertson and physician’s assistant Elle Steele are both wonderful. I always found them to be pleasant, friendly and very helpful. Elle was always available and when I had post-surgery questions; she returned my calls within a few hours or less. She also answered any information requests from my insurance or employer the next day. Everything added up to a successful surgery and a very positive experience.By - Gary Crawford30-May-2020 06:28 PM
- I have nothing but positive remarks about Dr. Garrigues. He was thorough, timely, nice, and knowledgable. I would absolutely recommend him for anyone.By - Zak Friedman20-May-2020 03:29 PM
- Dr. Garrigues did my rotator cuff surgery in February 2020,my recovery has been consistently positive and on schedule. The follow-up with Dr. G and his PA Elle have been personal and very caring. I am looking forward to complete range of motion and strength. Thank you Dr. G and Elle.By - Jan M Lisowski19-May-2020 04:46 PM
- Dr. Garrigues and his PA Elle did a fantastic job getting my shoulder back to 100%. At first, I was hesitate to get surgery but their guidance and expertise convinced me it was the right move and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. If you want a subject matter expert who also brings a personal touch, Dr. Garrigues and team are perfect for you. Thanks Doc!By - David Langenmayr11-May-2020 03:45 PM
- In April of 2018 I had Rotator Cuff repair surgery while at my Winter home in Arizona. After returning to Chicago area I continued therapy. My shoulder appeared to be infected and I had no Dr. in Chicago to consult with. My therapist recommended Dr. Grant Garrigues, he told me he felt he was the best shoulder surgeon that any of his patience had used. My Therapist contacted Dr. Garrigues and due to the urgency of infections he saw me in his office for tests within 3 hours. Test came back the next day showing shoulder infected and rotator cuff retear. Dr. Garrigues operated on the infection the next morning, removed it and put me on a 6 week antibiotic program. After the infection was totally cleared up the tear had become larger/massive and Dr. Garrigues recommended we do a newer more delicate procedure called “Superior Capsular Reconstruction”. He preformed surgery, it went extremely well. I just crossed my 6 month plateau and am doing great. I would never even think of using any other shoulder surgeon than Dr. Garrigues. He is a great surgeon, explains things extremely well, and is very caring. He has a great staff, His PA Elle is great to work with. He and his team are the best!!By - Ronald Seavey16-Apr-2020 09:53 PM
- I was suffering from bad upper arm pain for many years, and sought help from Dr. G after seeing several other doctors that all referred me to physical therapy and cortizone shots (3 of them 18 mos apart). I chose Dr. G because his ratings online were 4.5 to 5 stars. From the very first visit, I felt comfortable with him and his staff. He explained things so I could understand. I felt like he really cared and he even brought up the fact that job stress and tension could be contributing factors. After his prescribed MRI w/contrast results, I decided on a tenodesis shoulder surgery, but when he did surgery, he saw my rotator cuff had a large full thickness tear in it, and repaired that too. The clear photos during surgery showed an impeccable repair by Dr. G. I was made fully aware the recovery would be difficult, but his staff (especially Dr. Elle) was there for me for a few weeks after surgery. All in all, it all went very well and I am 6 months post op and doing very well. I still have a way to go, but I can do all my former activities and work at my job with no issues. Dr. G's website says they treat patients like family, and I totally agree! I highly recommend Dr. and G and Rush!By - Lynn16-Apr-2020 02:31 PM
- Dr Garrigues was awesome from the first visit, through surgery, and follow ups. I came to him after 2 failed surgeries from another group and a year after my accident. Dr. Garrigues was able to get me back and able to use of my arm in 5 weeks. 5 stars all the way including his staff!By - Kevin Dombrowski26-Mar-2020 06:43 PM
- I'm beyond happy, I hurt my shoulder over two years ago and had an initial surgery with another Dr. since then I've had pain and clicking daily. Dr Garrigues did my second shoulder surgery last week, I can already get almost full range of motion and not a single click or pop. Being a painter, i need my shoulder to work for me to work. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Im headed outside to play catch with my son.By - Frank Walker25-Mar-2020 03:10 PM
- As a surgical patient of Dr. Grant Garrigues and Ms. Elle Steele since 09/2019, I am happy to say that I have been discharged from follow up with a successful post-operative result and full recovery. Prior to my care under Dr. Garrigues and Ms. Steele, I had prolonged difficulties with recurrent shoulder dislocations and pain - I had been reluctant to proceed with surgery due to the perceived risks and potential complications. After meeting with Dr. Garrigues, my injury was thoroughly evaluated and I was given evidence-based reassurance and recommendations. I subsequently underwent arthroscopic repair of my shoulder (labrum) and could not be happier with the result. Dr. Garrigues and Ms. Steele provided me with unparalleled care in an efficient, competent, and compassionate manner. If you are looking for an expert shoulder and elbow specialist, Dr. Grant Garrigues is the surgeon for you.By - Russ Mohammad17-Mar-2020 10:04 AM
- I highly recommend Dr. Garrigues! I have had an excellent outcome after surgery for a torn rotator cuff and bicep. He clearly is very skilled. But he also is very nice and approachable. He listens to and answers all questions, and makes sure his patients understand what he is explaining. He is a fabulous doctor!By - Sara Burson09-Mar-2020 02:45 PM
- cant say enough about dr garrigues! from the moment i met him i decided if i did indeed need surgery he was the one to do it. his bedside manner is second to none. he spent a lot of time reassuring me about not only the necessary procedures but post op care as well. i would not hesitate to have hime perform any other procedures i needed, but of course i hope i never have to see him professionally again!!! thanks again doc! my shoulder feels great thanks to you!By - kenneth nikiel05-Mar-2020 03:14 PM
- I could not have picked a better Dr. for the job. Dr. Garrigues has a great bedside manner and made me feel comfortable from day 1. The surgery went perfectly and the therapy that followed went very well due to the flawless surgery. I have tattoo's and the incision was place perfectly and I can barely see the scar. The cleanliness of the surgical center was ☆☆☆☆☆ and as a result I had no setbacks due to infection. Without hesitation I highly recommend Dr. Garrigues. ☆☆☆☆☆ Surgeon ☆☆☆☆☆ Doctor ☆☆☆☆☆ ManBy - Scott Ross03-Mar-2020 03:37 PM
- I have seen many Ortho Doctors for my shoulders over the years and Dr Garrigues and his team are exceptional. The entire experience from initial visit and follow up as well as being seen by him or his staff within minutes of entering the exam room. This was the first time I had someone use ultra sound when giving me a cortisone injection in the shoulder. I highly recommend Dr. Garrigues!!By - Wally Hynes29-Feb-2020 08:43 AM
- Entering into shoulder replacement surgery was a big deal for me. I didn't know what to expect, but I knew I had to find the best surgeon I could. I interviewed the three-top people in Chicago and even reached out to the Rothman Institute in New York for opinions. I reviewed backgrounds, procedures, and yes, even the type of appliance they said they would use in my surgery. Some would say I went a little bit nuts. I am so glad I chose Dr. Garrigues. My surgery was in late March and now in early July I feel I'm almost back to normal. No complications. In fact, I'm considering having the other shoulder done in September. I'm almost reluctant to give him five-stars now as his calendar might be filled up and might not be able to get in. That was my first review made in early July 2019. Based on that experience I did have the second shoulder replaced by Dr. Garrigues in later September 2019. In my opinion, Dr. Garrigues sets the standard by which all other surgeons are measured. Personally, he is empathic, responsive, and thorough. Additionally, he is augmented by a highly skilled, responsive, and considerate professional staff. As I said earlier, I did my research knowing that a successful outcome depends on a skilled surgeon, and Dr. Garrigues is that. I love my two new, pain-free shoulders!! Thank you Dr. Garrigues.By - Jim Kujaca17-Feb-2020 09:42 AM
- Dr. Garrigues is cool, calm, professional and extremely personable, patient and knowledgeable. He definitely made my long recovery easier with his expert diagnosis and optimism. He will always be our go-to doc for all our future orthopedic needs! Thanks so much!
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Ali A-
- I know this will sound overstated, but Drs. Garrigues and Lotus were miracle workers for me. I crashed my bike hard in Spain, breaking my collarbone into four pieces - significant surgery was needed. The hospital in Spain suggested taking some ibuprofen and resting for three weeks. After sending my Xrays back to the US, several highly rated shoulder surgeons recommended immediate flight home and reconstructive surgery. I flew home four days earlier than planned and headed directly Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush. Dr. Lotus coordinated everything and Dr. Garrigues reconstructed my clavicle - using a six inch screw that can be easily removed after three or four months in order to have a more natural final result. I know this part of the review will be the “don’t do that” disclaimer from Dr. G, but within 24 hours of the surgery I was off all pain medication - I only used 12 of the 30 hydrocodone prescribed (happy to see the greatly lowered prescribed quantity - minor Achilles and knee cleanup surgeries in the past came with 80 pill scripts). He wanted me in the sling for the next few weeks, so do what he says. But the major concern coming out of surgery was keeping the sutures dry for the first five days. Well, I rigged up a fan and had it blow directly on my wound while I rode my bike trainer, with sling on, for 62 miles - two days after the surgery. I rode every day over the next week including 115 miles that Sunday. Yesterday, 12 days post surgery, a friend who has had a similar surgery, asked me if I was on major painkillers because I appeared to be 100% functional. He was seriously asking and seriously concerned. Once I promised him I hadn’t even taken an Advil since the day after surgery he seemed to almost doubt the severity of the injury. Then I showed him the pics of post-crash pre-surgery, post-surgery and also the before and after surgery Xrays. This Marine was thoroughly impressed. People are blown away with how well this has gone (knock on wood) and Dr. G. gave me a lecture for being too aggressive with my recovery - he wants the best healing for me. That’s why he’s a genius. As long as I don’t do anything stupid, I’ll be back riding outdoors within six weeks of the surgery. In the meantime, I can’t thank Dr. G and Dr. L enough. This is the must see group for busted shoulder.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Kris H-
- In December 2019 I saw Dr. Garrigues for a shoulder dislocation and fracture. His bedside manner was excellent and made me feel comfortable and he answered my questions thoroughly. He really listened to my concerns as a patient. I work in the healthcare industry and I would highly recommend Dr. Garrigues for his expertise and professionalism.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Colleen K-
- I can’t say enough wonderful things about Dr. Grant Garrigues and Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush. He is a great surgeon. He is very skilled and explains everything completely. He also has a good bedside manner. Everyone I saw at Midwest Orthopaedics was friendly and kind. Everything was very organized there.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Terry R-
- My initial experience with Midwest Orthopedics was in the late 90s as a result of a distal bicep rupture. Dr. Romeo did a masterful job repairing the injury then and, nearly 20 years later, did a an equally laudable job repairing a rotator cuff injury. Most recently, In early 2018 I developed a shoulder issue as a result of arthritis. I sought and received the best possible medical advice. After an In depth interview with Dr. Garrigues it was decided that, considering my physical expectations, I should undergo arthroscopic surgery. Dr. Garrigues has in every way met the standard of excellence I have come to expect from Midwest Orthopedics. I sincerely hope that nobody needs surgical intervention. If you do, however, you could not be in better hands than those of Dr. Garrigues and Mid O.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Google User-
- Dr. Garrigues was highly recommended by my physical therapist when my therapy was at a plateau. My therapist sent an email with a progress note regarding my conditions and before I left my therapy appointment Melissa from Dr. Garrigues' office had left a voicemail for me to schedule an appointment. I was very impressed with the ease of getting scheduled for an appointment and when I finally arrived and met Dr. Garrigues I was not disappointed. I have complete faith in his abilities and his experience and I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Garrigues for any shoulder problems!!
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Robert M-
- Gr. Garrigues is an amazing physician and I would recommend him to the everyday person up to high level athletes. I came to him with major shoulder instability cause by a torn labrum. The procedure was quick and over within a day. Now that I’m almost 5 moth post op, my shoulder feels great and I had no issues regaining full mobility with physical therapy. As a person Dr. Garrigues carries himself with confidence and any questions I had there was no hesitation with a detailed answer. He is the best doctor I’ve seen so far and I’m very thankful for the time he spent perfecting his craft.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Matthew R-
- My 13 year old son fractured his throwing arm elbow. He is now 3 months post surgery and ready to pitch again! Dr. Garrigues was contacted as a second opinion on our case. He requested to see us and his staff was very accommodating to our availability to get us in ASAP! Dr. Garrigues was very knowledgeable, thorough, confident, caring, and relatable in his explanations! We never felt rushed! He listened to my son and understood his urgency to get back to baseball as he didn’t want to miss his season. We left his office anticipating surgery in a week, only to received a call from his assistant, Melissa, stating that Dr. Garrigues wanted to make room in his surgical schedule to squeeze our son in the next day! Melissa was very respectful and easy to reach and work with! He made us feel like we were family!
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Michelle D-
- Dr. Garrigues is the best of the best. I’m a student athlete at DePaul that has had major shoulder trauma for the past 3 years. With a torn labrum, chipped bone, and destroyed capsule in my shoulder, Dr. Garrigues performed arthroscopic Latarjet procedure on my shoulder. I’m 3 months out of surgery and my shoulder feels as good as new. My range of motion is also back to normal. Dr. Garrigues is a master at his craft and I believe he is one of the best shoulder surgeons in the country. That being said, he is also very personable and truly takes time to help all of his patients. Dr. Garrigues’ bedside manor is second to none. I highly recommend anyone to seek his care.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Matt S-
- Dr. Grant Garrigues did a great deal of good for me. I had two rotator cuff massive tears from a freak fall and he operated on them last November. I am six months out from the operation and I have full range of motion and my arm is getting stronger. I am very pleased with the results!
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Paul L-
- Grant is a extremely talented Dr, he and his staff at Rush are wonderful. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone. He deserves more stars!!
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Mike H-
- I had a total shoulder replacement done by Dr. Garrigues. My shoulder was in very bad shape before the surgery and one of the worst cases they have seen. He did a phenomenal job I had minimal pain by the 2 week mark and within 3 months I have complete motion in my shoulder and 0 pain all thanks to Dr Garrigues. Highly recommend.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Mike A-
- Dr. Garrigues performed surgery for me on a torn labrum and it was a very smooth process, with my shoulder feeling like new a few months after. He was easy to reach if I ever had any questions, and his staff was great as well. Highly recommend.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Ethan S-
- Entering into shoulder replacement surgery was a big deal for me. I didn't know what to expect, but I knew I had to find the best surgeon I could. I interviewed the three top people in Chicago and even reached out to the Rothman Institute in New York for opinions. I reviewed backgrounds, procedures, and yes, even the type of appliance they said they would use in my surgery. Some would say I went a little bit nuts. I am so glad I chose Dr. Garrigues. My surgery was in late March and now in early July I feel I'm almost back to normal. No complications. In fact, I'm considering having the other shoulder done in September. I'm almost reluctant to give him a five stars now as his calendar might be filled up and might not be able to get in.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - James K-
- Dr. Garrigues is the best. When I came for my initial consult, he fit me into his schedule right away. He spent a great deal of time with me and really got to know me as a person so he could help me achieve my functional goals. He was very accessible and took the time outside of clinic to answer my (numerous) questions. He's extremely knowledgeable and hard working. He takes a team approach and coordinates care well with everyone--other doctors, physical therapists, etc--as part of a multidisciplinary approach to getting better. He does not push surgery and exhausts conservative options first, but when you need surgery, he's a skilled and experienced surgeon. He's honest and he's humble, and most importantly, he really cares about his patients. Highly recommend.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - L Friedman-
- Dr. Garrigues at Rush Orthopedics is an excellent, informative, patient doctor! If anyone is looking for a doctor for a shoulder surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Grant E. Garrigues! Prior to meeting Dr. Garrigues, I had 1 surgery by a different doctor at a different hospital that was not successful and I was still in a lot of pain. After being told by the doctor of the first surgery that I had an irreparable rotator cuff tear, I was referred to Rush Orthopedics. When I had my first appointment with Dr. Garrigues, he was detailed in understanding what had happened so far. He provided much needed education and explanation that no other doctor had provided thus far. Based on my previous surgery experience I asked a lot of questions and Dr. Garrigues was patient in answering every single one. Dr. Garrigues did an excellent job explaining the surgery he would be doing and the options he expected to possibly encounter. Never at any point in the process was I left with unanswered questions. I am extremely happy to report that Dr. Garrigues was able to repair the tear! I am now in physical therapy working on a full recovery. Because I live over 2 hours from Chicago, I am doing my physical therapy in my area. Even with the distance, Dr. Garrigues has stayed connected with me every step of the way. I am thankful to Dr. Garrigues and his exceptional care! As a new grandfather, having this tear addressed and properly handled will now allow me to be the active grandpa I have always dreamed of being. Thank you Dr. Garrigues!
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Randy V-
- I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Garrigues! He is by far the best doctor I have ever seen...that includes all of my doctors. I had a total shoulder replacement in 11/2018, after two prior surgeries and 12 years of terrible pain. Dr. Garrigues explained the surgery and its benefits to me, I knew it would help me to finally feel better. His bedside manner, his genuine care for my situation and my healing has meant so much to me. He is truly one of a kind!!! I could not be more pleased to have had Dr. G be my physician and my surgeon. I have and will continue to tell everyone I know about him. God Bless him...I truly mean that from the bottom of my heart!
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Donna D-
- Dr. Garrigues is excellent. He took the time to explain my shoulder injury and what all of my options are. I am in physical therapy trying to avoid surgery. I like the fact that Dr Garrigues takes a conservative approach.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Charles W-
- Dr. Garrigues and team are excellent doctors/surgeons! At the end of March this year, I broke my lower humerus and had horrible nerve damage. I was told by the ER docs that I would need surgery and I was introduced to Dr. Garrigues through a family friend of a friend. Right away I felt comfortable and welcomed by him and his team & the facility at Rush Ortho is very nice and clean. I was well educated about my surgery before and after, & the recovery process was better than I expected. I am already back to my normal self 3 months later with a new, cute scar on the back of my arm! I would definitely recommend Dr. Garrigues and his team to anyone needing anything related to humerus or shoulder problems. I am very thankful for him and couldn't have had a better surgeon/doctor throughout this experience!
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Ashley S-
- Just had my fully torn rotator cuff reattached 2 weeks ago by Dr Garrigues . Everything went great and I had only mild discomfort for a few days. Dr Garrigues was great diagnosing my injury and explaining my options.yesterday I was in to have my stitches removed and a checkup. Dr Garrigues went over each photograph of my arthroscopic surgery explaining the procedure. I highly recommend Dr Garrigues to anyone who’s in pain or have mobility problems with there shoulder. 10/10 Also his P.A Elle was excellent very friendly and very knowledgeable and helpful when I had questions.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Lawrence M-
- I had been experiencing on and off shoulder pain for a while. At its best, it was annoying. At its worst, I was in tears and losing sleep. I was hesitant to get surgery because of how recovery would impact my lifestyle. Less than 3 months after surgery, I’m back to my favorite activities. Dr. Garrigues and his team were attentive and encouraging. I felt they listened to my goals and helped me every step of the way. Dr. Garrigues listened and spent time with me as a patient, which is rare these days. He is compassionate and attentive. As a doctor, I think he goes above and beyond, answering questions and being available. I appreciated the patient centered care I received, and that someone with his expertise is both humble and kind.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Ali V-
- Dr Garrigues is a great doctor kind and personable . Excellent care . He follows in Dr Romeos footsteps with brilliant care but also very caring and knowledgeable . Rush has made a great asset with having Dr Garrigues in the staff at Midwest orthopedics . I have gone to Midwest for over 16 years to many in the faculty. He is one of the best I ve ever had . You can really trust his care!
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Jean K-
- I was referred to Dr. Garrigues to have a torn labrum repaired in my shoulder. From the first time I met him, he was professional, informative, and ready to answer all of my questions. He guided me step-by-step through the entire process, from surgery, to PT, all the way to full recovery. As of today, it’s been six months since my surgery and I am back to 100%. I can honestly say that I would refer my friends and family to Dr. Guerrigues, without hesitation.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Ryan D-
- Dr. Garrigues is a Fabulous Doctor. Very knowledgeable, caring and Great surgeon. Had total shoulder replacement surgery and I am Very Happy starting with our first appointment all the way through May surgery and recovery. Would Highly recommend Dr. Garrigues to anyone needing anything related to shoulder problems. He is the Best
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Willman G-
- I saw Dr. Grant Garrigues for the first time last week. I must say, I was very impressed with the facility, staff, and his professionalism, as well as him being so down to earth and very easy to talk to. I’ve NEVER had a doctor so warm and caring. He listened and was very patient with me. He recommended surgery, however, he is concerned about my entire being and gave me advice on some things I need to work on prior to my surgery. I am truly appreciative and grateful to have met Dr. Highly recommended for anyone looking for an Orthopedic doctor.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Denise L-
- Outstanding experience!! From the minute I entered the office, the staff was helpful and pleasant. I did not have a long wait before being seen. Dr. Garrigues took his time explaining the problem and treatment options. He was kind and understanding of my unique needs. I highly recommend Dr. Garrigues and Midwest Orthopaedics!
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Alison R-
- Dr. Garrigues has a terrific bedside manner: he’s respectful and straightforward. He takes time to work with you, assess the problem and explain your options, and he really listens to your concerns. And because he focuses on shoulders, he has a lot of expertise diagnosing and treating them. I would definitely send any family members or friends to him for shoulder pain or injuries.
Source: Google ReviewsBy - Judy G-
- Stand-up guy, did a great job with my surgery, called to check on me afterwards
Source: VITALSBy - VITALS User-
- Dr. Garrigues performed an arthroscopic surgery on my very angry, acutely painful shoulder that I had a bankart stability surgery on almost 30 years ago. He was the ONLY surgeon over the past few years who confidently assured me he could do my surgery via arthroscopic means, despite all the scar tissue from the bankart surgery. My results have been nothing short of amazing and I had very minimal discomfort...I’m talking a 2 on the pain scale...briefly. I have full range of motion and returned to work as a full time massage therapist within 10 days of my surgery. My shoulder has not felt this good since I was 12 and had the initial accident that caused all my shoulder issues for the last 40 years. Besides clearly being a brilliant surgeon, he is also a super nice guy with an excellent bedside manner. I consider myself extremely blessed to have been under his care.
Source: VITALSBy - VITALS User-
- Whats not to like? He is smart, friendly, compassionate, a great listener, always punctual, and an excellent problem solver. I fell and broke my arm at the shoulder. Less than 2 months later he has brought me back to my original health, it is a true miracle from how it felt at the beginning. I highly recommend him, and I dont say that lightly
Source: VITALSBy - Barbara A-
- I am an 86 yr. old man who, 6 years ago, had shoulder replacement surgery by a surgeon from Northwestern. Three months ago Dr. Garigues repaired that failed procedure with the very highest level of skill, precision, professionalism; plus a genuine concern and care throughout my recovery. I have had numerous surgeries during my lifetime and can profess that Dr. Garigues ranks Number 1 among my surgeons. He is the very best; a cut above the rest.
Source: VITALSBy - VITALS User-
- Dr. Garrigues and his staff are very thoughtful, helpful and understanding. Dr. Garrigues listens and works with you to find the best solution that fits your situation. He explains your condition and treatment in everyday terms that I understand.
Source: HEALTH GRADESBy - Tammy J-
- I highly recommend without any reservation Dr. Grant Garrigues for upper extremity orthopedic needs. Bottom line he is the best upper extremity orthopedic surgeon in southeast. I have been fortunate to work at some of the best hospitals in the U.S and work with physicians at the top of their field. He is an exceptional surgeon with a strong work ethic, clinical expertise and wonderful human being that genuinely cares for his patient. A true expert in upper extremity repair, and wonderful person.
Source: HEALTH GRADESBy - Kevin M-
- Dr. Garrigues solved a ruined rotator cuff problem with a reverse joint replacement surgery November 2014. Immediately upon awakening from recovery, I have been without pain. Complete normal shoulder activity restored. I applaud his talent and interpersonal skills.
Source: HEALTH GRADESBy - Richard B-
- Dr. Garrigues and his PA turned me into a new person. Before I had the benefit of their care and treatment, I had unrelenting severe left shoulder pain caused by bone on bone arthritis. Pain killers provided no relief, and the pain kept me awake at night and interfered with virtually all facets of my day to day living. Enter Dr. G and his team. Thanks to them, I now have a new left shoulder joint that is pain-free, giving me the full range of motion of a young man.
Source: HEALTH GRADESBy - Larry R-
- Dr. Garrigues is such a wonderful doctor. he took my shoulder which most every other doctor had given up so my last surgeon referred me to Dr. Garrigues and i told him that i had 8 previous surgeries on my left shoulder so we went over everything that would be necessary to fix this shoulder.when all was said and done im glad to announce that Dr. Garrigues not only gave me mobility back in my right shoulder but also has given me the stability that it needed to keep it from dislocating
Source: HEALTH GRADESBy - Robert S-
- Dr Garrigues is a true professional. He completely redid my shoulder replacement that had not been put in properly by another surgeon. The surgery was fantastic and very, very little pain afterwards. I have great use of my arm. He gave my a shot in my other shoulder yesterday that is working really great already. He is very knowledgeable and personable. He made me feel like I was most important while he was in the room.
Source: HEALTH GRADESBy - Janet E-
- Dr. Garrigues is very thorough in giving me x rays and a ct scan before he made his judgements and explained everything in layman's terms. He helped me understand what my issues are and what we could do to help me out. I am very confident with him. He really is smart and knew exactly what was wrong with my shoulders. I won't go see anyone else. I have been to other orthopedic doctors in the past but I finally found the best now. Thank you Dr Garrigues!
Source: HEALTH GRADESBy - Deborah-
Write a review
If you're interested in submitting a testimonial for Grant E. Garrigues, M.D., Please use the form below to do so.
Fields marked ( * ) are required